Columbia Engineering Venture Competition
Now accepting applications!
The Columbia Venture Competition was first launched in April 2009, and has paid out more than $100,000 in prize money to early-stage ventures all founded by young Columbia entrepreneurs. Over the years the competition has grown in the number of submissions and in competition quality.
2014 Dates and Deadlines
- March 9, 11:59 p.m. — Executive Summaries due
- April 6, 11:59 p.m. — Second Round submissions due
- April 25 — Final round with live judging on campus
- Columbia Engineering's Entrepreneurship Advisory Board will serve as judges.
- The 2014 competition will keep all ideas in one track, including early-stage or new ventures, network-based businesses and licensing arrangements. Consultancies or traditional professional service business models are strongly discouraged.
- Eligible teams must have at least one principal member currently enrolled in a graduate or undergraduate program at Columbia Engineering or must be a young alumnus (five years or less after active enrollment) of Columbia Engineering.
- Teams/businesses must not have raised more than $150,000 in funding.
- $50,000 Prize pool
Thank you to our technology sponsor: