Office of Faculty Development
Whether you are a current faculty member of The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science, or are just beginning to familiarize yourself with the school, this website will provide you with a snapshot of the expansive professional development opportunities offered to faculty.
Columbia Engineering understands that the quality of its faculty is central to the excellence of the university. The Office of Faculty Development and Diversity:
- has responsibility for programs, resources, and guidelines that support the recruitment, retention, and development of a talented and diverse faculty;
- offers orientations and programs for new faculty and junior faculty, and coordinates efforts to support faculty transitioning into Columbia and New York City; and
- provides support not only for academically related matters, but also work-life issues such as family care and school searches.
Recognizing that diversity contributes to the excellence of the faculty, the office of Faculty Development and Diversity also provides assistance to the School's departments, faculty recruits and current faculty to support the recruitment, retention, and success of individuals who add diversity to the SEAS community of scholars. This is an exciting time for the School and Columbia University. Both the school and university are in an unprecedented expansion phase with plans for the school to exponentially grow its faculty, graduate student and research capacity by the year 2020. We hope that you take a moment to look at the various programs offered by the Office of Faculty Development and Diversity, should you have any questions, please do not hestiate to contact us.
- Office of Faculty Development & Diversity
- 510 S.W. Mudd Building / 500 West 120th Street / New York, New York 10027
- Tel: 212-854-0666 | email@example.com